Maybe it’s the tropical island native girl in me, but I love warm weather! I relish in the sun. Though this summer has not been so kind (we’ve had quite the rainy season in June – sorry, California), I’m hopeful that the last few days of sunshine we’ve been having is here to stay (even if it’s just for the season). While I will be quite busy this summer with work and personal passion projects, I have a few things I’d like to accomplish before Labor Day and the unofficial start to the fall season begins. Here is my summer wishlist. What’s on yours?
1. Take my dog to the dog beach. My labrador fur baby loves the water and is an excellent swimmer so I’m sure he will love it!
2. Spend some time at the beach (we live within walking distance to the lakefront) reading and soaking up the sun (with sunscreen, of course!). On my summer reading list is this book and this one (which I’m re-reading because it’s a must).
3. Enjoy alfresco dining on my balcony (Ah! City life!) and on our beautiful community deck.
4. Finish some small DIY home projects.
5. Spend a day at Navy Pier just chilling out and watching the fireworks.
7. Take a weekend trip to Vegas.
8. Begin my meditation practice (again).
9. Practice daily yoga (again).
10. Try one new thing a week (for the next 9 weeks left of summer).