I live in a city with 2 seasons: construction and winter. Winter lasts about 6 months here, which means super dry skin for me. I suppose if I were better about drinking more water it may lead to less dry skin, but I’m not. (Maybe I’ll add it to my resolutions.) Instead, I rely on moisturizer and oil to alleviate the scaliness. Here are my favorites, along with a few other items I reserve for my winter beauty routine.
1. Neutrogena Body Oil – I like to use this in the morning after I shower and my skin is still damp.
2. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream – This is an awesome product for those days when my skin is just extremely dry. It’s pretty heavy duty, so I only like to use it in the winter.
3. Nars Foundation Compact – I find that in the winter, I need a heavier coverage than the usual tinted moisturizers I use during warmer months. I like to switch it up and am currently using this Nars foundation. So far, so good. It provides the right amount of coverage without feeling too heavy and it’s buildable.
4. Clinique Moisture Surge – My face is really thankful for this.
5. L’occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream – I find that I cannot go anywhere without hand cream. Unmoisturized hands are like nails on a chalkboard to me. This has been a beloved for many years.
6. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm – Lip balm is one of 3 items I would take with me to a deserted island. I have quite the collection from various brands. This is one of my favorites.